Monday, April 17, 2006

You know I'm studying too much when I come up with the nickname "LIFO" for the new girl I work with... In cost accounting, LIFO stands for Last In, First Out. I have been working with her for over a month now and it seems like she has an excuse for being late every freaking day!! I can't believe the work ethic some people have. If you're at a new job, don't you want to try to do things to impress your new bosses, especially when you're still on probation?? She comes in at 9:30 on the dot when she's 'good', and 9:30 is the cutoff for being on time and being late. I feel like such an Office Space nerd when I keep emphasizing the scene in Office Space when Jennifer Aniston's boss gives her a hard time about her flare because, "What do you think of a person who only does the bare minimum?" Another thing about her coming in at 9:30... when we close the office at 5 on certain days, that doesn't mean you leave at 5 also!! She doesn't understand the concept of making up time. Even the slackers our office make comments about her - they just don't know enough accounting to know the term LIFO :) Alright, I gotta stop before I get more annoyed. Our bosses are way too nice - they give everyone a million chances.

No comments: