Monday, February 03, 2003

Phew... just looked at the Pac 10 basketball standings and we're not in last place!! Whoo hoo! Washington State is a little more pathetic than us, which is sad. And, U$C has only 1 more win than we do (in conference), so I don't feel as bad.

I had such a productive day on Sunday (did didley-squat on Saturday though)... I spent almost exactly $100 yesterday but it was all good - $37 at Target, $11 at Staples, $10 for laundry, $38 at Sav-on, $4 at Jack-in-the-Box. Must be watching too much Trading Spaces because I set a budget of $100 for all the things I had to do yesterday and I think I might have come in at $99.23 or something like that. I can't believe I only spent $37 at Target cause I got a ton of stuff - helps that I had about $7 worth of coupons too. The highlight of my day was the thick post-it notepad I got at Staples for 94 cents. Like I say, it doesn't take too much to make me happy. The $38 at Sav-on was a necessary expense and it was such a hassle to get. I called in my prescription at the Sav-on I usually go to (shitty hours and they always run out of the stuff I need), they told me 30 minutes so I decided to finish cleaning and mop the apartment (believe me, it NEEDED mopping, back to this later)... I was so involved with the mopping I lost track of time and when I remembered, they were closed already. I called the 24 hour Sav-on (the one I should be going to all along) and they were so helpful but I was on hold for 15 minutes and they told me it was fine, to go pick it up but they won't be able to process it under insurance. Oh well. Then I went to do laundry and took up 10 machines in this little laundromat by my apartment. (There were only 13 in the place!) Thank god it was only 50 cents wash :) (Mike! I think I'm about to take the cheapness crown away from you) I spent three hours there, didn't bother folding the clothes - that's Dante's job, stopped by Sav-on before I went home and was so tired when I got back home. I didn't feel like cooking so I went to Jack-in-the-Box to get dinner and stopped by the bank to deposit my paycheck. Busy busy day!

I don't understand why I live with 2 people who call themselves neat-freaks and I'm the only one doing major ass cleaning in the place! Supposedly, Eileen and I are the lazy slobs but our apartment was never that bad and both of us worked full-time!! Our kitchen floor was certainly nowhere near as bad as it was before I mopped last night. And the vacuum... damn people, empty the dust container!! Geez, it was almost full when I emptied it. I'm still mad at Kristi for scratching up my brand new vacuum when she first moved in. I was so sick of washing everything in the sink just to have her cook the next morning and leave all her dishes in the sink again that I just stuck with cleaning ONLY the dishes Dante and I used, just to see how long she'd keep it out... She finally washed her dishes after a week! and she made a point to do just hers and leave the 3 bowls we had in the sink. Cool... we can just stick with this arrangement.

No comments: