Thursday, June 03, 2004

More on the resignation - I was sitting in my office on Friday doing work and trying to come up with the resignation letter, trying to get the nerve to tell Stan I quit. Then, Stan leaves early so I just left the resignation letter on his chair, with a handwritten note on top saying, "sorry I didn't get a chance to tell you this in person, etc". I always put stuff he needs to see/sign on his chair because every where else in his office is like the Bermuda Triangle.

He calls me up on Saturday when I was on my way to Orange County and he's telling me he was expecting it, that work wasn't getting done, that 2 weeks isn't enough time for him to get someone in... basically telling me I was a bad employee in the first place and that pissed me off. If "work wasn't getting done" its because I spend all day looking for his freakin files that he loses in his office!! That just made me more happy I was out of here.

If I'm such a bad employee, then don't ask me to stay a couple weeks longer. Who the hell hires someone if they say I can't start for a month because I'm giving my current company a month's notice. If I were the person doing the hiring, I'd say, "NEXT! No job for you!" in the Soup Nazi voice.

I started actively looking for a job when he had a talk with me about not putting my CPAs priority over sitting here in the office keeping people company when they were trying to figure out how to do something (which is what I basically did if I stayed after 6pm during tax season). It just sounded like he didn't want me to get my CPA, to advance in my career and don't we all love working for bosses like that?? Mona was so supportive of me when I worked for her. She wanted me to go to law school, etc. She was always inviting me to events (she was president of an asian bar association one year) so I could meet judges, make connections. Her friends have a lot of influence politically... bad thing was, she was a die-hard Democrat :). Compare that to Stan - he spends his time writing letters to newspapers, etc complaining about UCLA coaches... it's not like he has any influence because he doesn't even contribute to the school!! If you're donating millions to the school, they might listen to you. If you donate a little bit, they'll take your input in one ear and out the other, but if you don't even donate anything... WTF.

No comments: