I've been so busy at work I haven't had any time to post. We've been working hard to close out all the December year end corporations so we can close the office early (for the year!) I've stayed late at work for a variety of reasons - finishing up work, hanging out with the co-workers or just on the phone with people. After work, I've been going shopping (I can't call it Christmas shopping because that would mean I'm buying things I intend to give other people) and I've actually been hitting the gym a couple times a week!
I was talking to my lunch buddies about that Oprah show and first of all, Tony comes out and says, "That's a repeat from a couple weeks ago! The book was sold out at a lot of places..." so I don't know if his opinion is really an authentic 'guy's opinion'. I like what he said though when I described my situation to him - "yeah, he's into you." I told them how I called Don on Sunday and woke him up (the 3 hour time difference TOTALLY SUCKS!!). I got the voice mail but he called me back as I was leaving a message and Tony asked - how long did he stay on the phone with you? 20 mins... I was wondering why Tony asked that question and he said, "Yeah, he's into you because if a girl wakes me up out of my sleep, if I even call back, I'd just say - I'm sleeping, I'll call you back tomorrow." Tony is a totally nice guy too - too nice even - so Don wasn't just doing that cause he's a nice guy. I'm so through with the "bad boys" - they freakin suck! Adriana (co-worker) was telling me that physically Dante is better looking than Don but Don has all the other qualities you need in a guy. Personality can turn a cute guy into the ugliest guy in the world.
I was talking to Kimiko at work yesterday and Caymi was walking by... she stopped and she told me, "Lucy, your butt is getting bigger!!" I didn't know what to say to that :) Maybe because my butt is getting toned, it's lifting and that makes it look bigger?? I was telling Don about this, trying to use it as an excuse to get out of our gym deal but he wouldn't let me - he said, Caymi should be the last person talking about a person's butt being big - hers is super big, even for black girls.
If my butt really is getting bigger, all I can say is, damn clients!! They're sending gift baskets left and right... we've gotten used to it though and if we've gone more than a day between gift baskets, people go crazy.
I've been to a couple Christmas parties so far this year - besides our office party, I went to a client's holiday party and Jennifer and Brian's Christmas party.
There was a tarot card reader at the client's holiday party so of course, I had to get my cards read... she told me to pick a subject and I chose "Love" because I already love my job and I don't want to change anything about it. My "past" card was something about charity - I supposedly learned in the past that if I gave, I got more in return. (I really learned that if I give, I get screwed over big time). My "present" card was some visionary card that means in the time span of a year, I have to visualize what I want and I will get that or something better. I was thinking, fat chance, he's not moving back to LA and I'm not moving to Florida so I shouldn't waste the "visualization" on him... My future card was the card of change - Mercury or Cancer or some astrological sign is supposed to remove all obstacles in my way to help me get what I want. Hmmmm... All I will say is that if Adriana gets a promotion or gets pregnant between now and April, I will be "visualizing" my ass off until next December!! I'll probably get the something better... someone as amazing as Don but 2-3 inches shorter and maybe a little cuter although Don is cute enough for me - I'm not that shallow anymore.
Almost everyone at Jen and Brian's party is or wants to be a writer or director, so people had some great stories. It is the smallest world though - one of the guys at the party worked for one of our clients and we were trading stories on how crazy the director is, how he can't do much for himself and he makes us waste so much time on the most useless stuff. He had to spend so much time trying to get the name of one of the director's projects changed on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) because it was plural when it shouldn't have been.
No comments:
Post a Comment