Saturday, January 28, 2006

One of my friends at work was fired yesterday :(. She is the friend who is getting married in April in Hawaii. It came as a huge shock to me that there was even talk of her being let go because I thought she was doing fine. I first heard ramblings about it 2 days ago and it pissed me off because there are other people at work who aren't getting the job done and they're still with the company. I have been quiet and gloomy since I heard. I go to lunch most days with the girl (Danielle) my friend (Eva) works with and it is hard for me to be my peppy self when I think Danielle is the reason Eva was let go... don't get me wrong, Danielle is a good friend of mine but I think she does complain to the bosses more than most people do and I've seen it happen so many times when an account manager doesn't fully know how to handle the desk so they blame their assistants for not being on the ball. I've seen so many assistants fired because of this. The 'desk' (clients) Danielle works on has always been too reliant on the help of Charles and I thought I heard recently that the bosses told Charles not to help them so much, they need to handle it on their own.

No comments: