Thursday, September 25, 2003

I caught the tail end of the Bachelor last night - just the rose ceremony... this one woman was crying hysterically because she wasn't picked. It's the first freakin episode and she's talking about how her heart is broken on national TV. What, she knew the guy for like 2 days? And she already knew what she was getting into with the show! Its not like he misled her or anything, he just didn't show any interest in her.

Amy's boyfriend Rob needs a place to stay and Amy's parents don't want him living with her so I offered our living room for him to stay at a couple nights a week. Right now he's staying with her friend in Santa Barbara and he has class at Pasadena City College one day a week. That is a hell of a commute, even if it's for one day! He was talking about payment and we were just joking around - I told him buy me From Justin to Kelly but he can't buy it online. He has to go to a store so someone can see him buy it. I was telling Mike about this and Mike said that wasn't enough. He has to wear a "Justin Guarini Rules!" shirt so people know he's buying the movie for himself and not a sister. I've hung out with Rob three times and we're already on terms where we make fun of each other relentlessly. How does a relationship like that start anyway?? I just realized that this is the way I am with my close Asian male friends (Mike and Steve mainly) - I have no romantic interest in them so I feel comfortable around them. When I first met Rob, I told Amy "he's really good looking for an Asian." That�s a huge compliment coming from me :).

The assistant is single handedly keeping the copier/fax repair service in business!! The admin person made a comment yesterday, �It seems like every time she touches the copier, something happens to it.� She burned her hand trying to fix a paper jam a couple months ago and I don�t know why she tries to figure out how to fix anything wrong with that machine. She breaks it because she simply can�t just hit �COPY/START� � I don�t know what fancy shit she tries to do with it. I honestly don�t know how she survives. This girl is dumber than Jessica Simpson!! Eileen and I were comparing her to Milton from Office Space, where it�s just impossible to try to talk to her about anything.

I got the 24 Season 2 DVDs last weekend but I haven�t started yet. I know that when I do start, that�s all I�ll be doing non-stop for the couple weeks (there are 7 DVDs this time and a lot of deleted scenes � I gotta watch the whole season first just the way they showed them on FOX and then re-watch the season with the deleted scenes added).

I am such a spoiled brat. I was telling my mom I was going to Costco to get those DVDs and I asked her if she wanted anything from there. She wanted these two little cleaning supplies and then she gave me enough money for everything. I want to be able to do that for my kids someday. My mom, sis and I had lunch on Sunday and whenever we go out, we never worry about the price of anything, we just order whatever we feel like. Shark fin soup costs like $20 a bowl (!!) and my parents are cool with it. We spend $200+ on certain dinners� that�s TiVO right there!! If I spend $20 on a meal, I think it�s too much, but that�s cause I don�t make too much and I�m just used to fending for myself. I don�t know how I survived before I got my raise. I�m still broke all the time!

No comments: