TIVO BABY!!! I've finally joined the cult after talking about getting one for so long! (Nozomi says I've been talking about it for YEARS but I don't think its been that long.)
As with everything in my life, it was harder for me to set up the TiVo than it is for 'normal' people. First off, I don't have a phone line at home so I didn't think I could even get it in the first place, but I mentioned that to Steph, she said her co-worker had TiVo and she didn't have an apartment line - you use this USB network thing to connect TiVo through your cable modem (which I have). I called TiVo support yesterday after I bought it and they told me I'd have to pay an extra $99 to use the network connection... they're so full of shit... the web site says you don't need to buy that option. (I haven't tried it yet to see if what I did works). I had to go to Amy's apartment last night to do the initial set-up using her phone line and I couldn't disconnect that thing for 4-8 hours so I just left it there and picked it up this morning. I played with it a little this morning too - by now, TiVo shoulda taped The Daily Show (repeat) and when I get home, All My Children, Days and Passions shoulda been taped. (Not that I'm gonna watch all those crappy soaps, I just like having the option to).
Lakers game tonight - forgot to have TiVo tape it but thats ok - I get off work at 6:00 and I get home at 6:05 so the only thing I might miss is a couple of starting introductions. I can't wait to use my Live TV replay when I watch the game! New Orleans is my second favorite team - I love Baron Davis but I gotta root against him tonight. So glad he's doing well in the NBA.
No comments:
Post a Comment