I'm so giddy right now... I sat next to the cutest guy yesterday in my CPA review class. I'm so giddy I'm not as pissed as I should be about everything that has happened to me in the last 12 hours. Yes, the guy is that cute. He was taller than me, even with my two inch heels. He's nice too... works in Century City, graduated college a year ago. Who says accountants are boring and ugly! I have a reason to look forward to class now - this is what I miss about college... meeting new people. Oh my god he was cute. I feel like a 12 year old girl...
When I got home from my CPA class, my roommate's boyfriend was parked in our driveway just enough so I couldn't park behind him... that pissed me off because our driveway is tandem parking but we can fit 3 cars! I had to park down the next street and walk. When I went into the apartment, my roommate tells me, "I'm moving out May 1st no matter what so if you can't afford it on your own or you can't find someone, then you need to move too." Nevermind we're gonna be breaking our lease... She said she has been looking for someone to move in but she couldn't find anyone. I knew of only 2 people that came by to look at the place. I believed her because I figured it was close to summer, UCLA students are moving out instead of moving in, etc... I didn't think she'd just leave without finding a new roommate first but never underestimate anyone I guess. I went on craigs list and put up an ad last night - 2 people called and I got 3 emails already this morning!
Then my manager calls me. I thought he was cute when I first moved in but he's been an ass lately so forget him. I told him I was just going to call him and tell him my roommate is moving out and I told him what she said. He told me that she called him this morning asking for an application, etc. Then he says, "I need to talk to you about something else also - Dante. We know he's been staying there, I don't care what you say." I'm pissed off he added that "I don't care what you say." because the last time we talked about Dante (March 2003), he had already planned to move out that next week. He came up cause my last roommate got pissed off she heard him talking to the neighbor downstairs about how fat she was so she called the manager and complained that he was staying with me. He just moved back in 6 months later. Anyways, I just didn't feel like dealing with the manager so I just said, "how much is it to add an extra tenant? $120? fine, I'll add that on my rent." And then the manager adds, "If she can't find someone, you're liable for the full amount." No shit, Sherlock. Wish I had more than freakin 4 days notice. At least I don't have to deal with any stalker boyfriend drama anymore. Whatevers, I'm moving as soon as this lease is up. I want a one bedroom anyways so I don't have to deal with shit anytime someone needs to move out.
If I knew what my job situation would be like, I'd be in a better position to decide what I want to do. Whatever job I get next will pay at least $8k more than I'm making right now and with $8k more a year, I can afford paying an extra $300 rent/month - I'm looking to spend about $900-950 for a one bedroom, I love this area so I'd stay around here. I have my porn magazine co. interview tomorrow morning and my headhunter wants to talk to me about another job opportunity downtown.
Just got another email from someone off craigs list - she's 45 and a liberal... um...
I have 2 legit female potential roommates - both are 26 and work around here and they sound down to earth. 1 is ok with Dante staying with us because she said she went down that road before. I haven't heard from the other one yet.