FOXSports.com - Coach K in 'serious discussions' with Lakers - finally, one good thing I've heard about the Lakers this off-season.
Did you guys hear that tabloid rumor about Rick Fox cheating on Vanessa Williams and Vanessa is filing for divorce?? Dammit, Rick, you were my last hope in "real" men! Although the tabloids have been right a lot lately (Britney and her boy, J.Lo getting married, etc), some rumors still turn out to be false (Justin and Cameron breaking up), so lets hope its not true.
I haven't been blogging lately because I have nothing to complain about... And you guys don't want to hear about how wonderful my job is, etc. This is a complete 180 from a month ago when I hated my job like I've never hated anything before. I'm trying to figure out if I like my new job so much because I went in with a positive attitude or if my company is just that awesome. When people are trying to sell you on a job, they'll tell you anything but it's not until you're in that you realize what the company is like. On one of the interviews with one of the partners, he told me that this company is different from most companies because it's run like a family operation. That partner is the son of the main partner and another main partner is a family friend. We're starting this new thing next week where we can leave a little early on Thursdays and meet up at the beach for volleyball. Last week one of the partners had a party at his house and he sent out an e-mail inviting all of us.
I was talking to the receptionist earlier today and we were talking about how nice the partners were, how pleasant the work environment was. People don't walk around with scowls on their faces - what a concept! I feel lucky just to even work at this place. The turnover rate at this co. in the last 2 years is 1 person... (Daniel and I figured I was #18 to leave at my old job in 2.5 years).
I bought a thank you card to send to my head hunter but I can't find it! I guess the best thank you I can give her is to tell all of you, if you're looking for a new job (accounting), e-mail your resume to Linda Laufer, Interface Financial Recruiters, linda@interfacerecruiters.com. She'll meet you once at a place convenient for you and then she'll call you up whenever there is something available for you, she'll give you interview tips and what those companies like to hear (she knows most of the companies she sends you to well). She is amazing - I just sat back and she gave me more interviews than I could ever imagine and with good companies too! She negotiated for me too - I'm such a pushover I need someone to fight for me. I've learned from experience, if a company is willing to pay a referral fee to a head hunter, they're not going to be cheap on everything. I remember talking to my friend Debbie (she lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvves her job too) a year ago and Debbie told me that if I'm looking for a new accounting job, go through a head hunter. I ran into Maria's sister at the mall the other day (I haven't talked to Maria in a year!) and she told me Maria quit Deloitte and she's working at DirecTV now and she's so much happier. I think we all just need a change of environment. I know Dante is happy with his fairly new job and my roomie's gf is happy with her new job at Sony. Join the club! Get a new job! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment