Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Grand entrance for Shaq in Miami - they're having so much fun in Miami I'm jealous. It just feels like the party ended and its starting somewhere else but you're not invited :(. Are we supposed to be excited we got Mr. Flopper?? There are rumors Karl Malone is going to Miami too... geez, I remember 1 year ago when I hated Karl Malone and now I actually like the guy. Maybe these Lakers can change my opinion like that because I'm not looking forward to this season at all. I might have to jump ship. I talked to my friend Maria for the first time in years (we used to go to Laker games together with binoculars trained on Derek Fisher and Rick Fox and 'the cute guy in the brown suit in the front row') yesterday and she told me she jumped ship already. "Where ever Derek goes, I go. Sorry, I gotta support my man."

You gotta love a work environment where someone asks a partner about his new baby (born last week, Adriana (the girl I work together with in our little teams - she's the bookkeeper, I'm her assistant) won the "Bacon Bowl" - a little pool we had going around the office on when the baby would be born. The partner's last name is Bacon, hence, Bacon Bowl... we had fun suggesting baby names to him) and he replies that last night the baby ate at 11, woke up for feeding time at 3 and woke up again at 6 and "those are my feeding hours anyway so I didn't mind". When he said that, a couple people started cracking up (with our dirty minds) and he finally realizes what he said and he was mad that he didn't think of that in the first place. "I'm usually the first one to think of that!!" How many bosses (another partner, not Bacon) would be cool with his assistant sending out an e-mail to everyone in the office (to let us know when he won't be in to sign checks) and ending the e-mail with a WHOO-HOO!.

I think I've been spending way too much time with people at work because I had a dream I was making out with one of my co-workers. We spend all day at work together in the same office and every Thursday, we go to the beach to play volleyball (they started doing that at our office - we can leave at 5:30 and carpool to the beach to get in a couple games.) He's an awesome guy, great volleyball player, etc... I'm just not sure of his preferences... It was weird for me on Friday because I kept getting embarassed thinking about my dream.

Oh my gosh, how addicting is the Amazing Race?? So addicting I had a dream last night about Dante and I being on that show! That is the first time I watched it (because of Allison from Big Brother) and I am hooked. I don't have any favorites though because Allison was eliminated already (hated her but felt sorry for Donnie) but Brandon might be taking over Justin Guarini's role as Sideshow Bob (especially now that Justin cut his hair). I've also been watching Big Brother - rooting for Drew - he's the major eye candy and they're usually my favorites.

Wow, so much to cover but also, so much work to do... I leave you with this rumor - again, it's just another rumor and I refuse to believe it until JT is waking up next to me. Heehee.

No comments: