Nice to get all that out...
I swear, if I didn't have a job I love so much at an amazing company, I'd have gone postal by now. (do people still use that expression, go postal?)
I'm sure every company is like this but when you were at an awful place like my last job, you appreciate things soooo much more. It's so nice to work around young people!! My last job was all old ladies and cranky partners. I've always said I wanted a work life like Ally McBeal and a friends life like Friends... 1 out of 2 is better than nothing. We don't have that unisex bathroom but do automatic flushing toilets count for anything? :) We've been doing that "going drinking at the bar downstairs after work" thing a lot lately. A bunch of us are planning on going to a male strip club soon - we just have to find one that isn't far from us and is open on Saturday. We do the beach volleyball thing every Thursday, but I think we're gonna change it to bowling now because I don't think we'd have enough time to play a couple games at the beach after work before it gets dark.
It's not just the people at work, I love what I do and I love the clients we have. I love joking about these people too - how some of them can't do anything on their own except charge on their credit cards... Sometimes when I'm explaining to people what I do, they ask, "they pay people to do that?" (pay bills, etc) and I say back, "if you're rich enough, you can pay anyone to do anything." One of the clients I work on pays someone to come in once a week and CHANGE LIGHTBULBS!! Can you believe that? :) One of my favorite parts from Ocean's Eleven was in the beginning when Topher Grace was talking about how his business manager wants him to write checks to Brad Pitt because he can take it as a "research" deduction and checks are receipts. Thats what we do! Whoo, shout out.
A bunch of us were in the kitchen at lunch today talking about reality shows and we got into that show - "Fabulous Life of..." and some people were saying it makes them depressed watching that show. Lorena and I were like, "that makes you depressed but working on our client accounts doesn't??" Lorena said she has held a $30 million check in her hands... I think the most I've had is that $540,000 from earlier this week, but I've only been at this job 2 months :).
No comments:
Post a Comment