What a week, what a week. I have so much to say I don�t even know where to start. Its mostly just random shit anyway but if you�re interested, read on�
Stan just came back from the gym or wherever he went. He came into our office and I asked him, �Did you hear about UCLA?� His reaction, �SHIT! Don�t tell me he�s [Coach Lavin] going to keep his job�� and he throws his lightweight jacket to the floor and stomps on it. It was hilarious shit � a 60 year old nerdy white guy throwing his jacket to the floor so passionately like that.
Congrats to UCLA� Ray Young, I love you. I went off-track for about a year because I was brainwashed into thinking Dante was the cutest person ever, but I�m back on track now and I love you. He was my favorite player back in college (everyone loved Baron Davis and Earl Watson and so did I but I have to like a player not everyone loves. Just makes it more special that way) and I remember being so giddy after I took a picture with him after a game once� got that roll 1 hour developed the next day. Still have that photo framed in my room. I think my love for Ray restarted again after I realized he looks a little like Michael Ealy.
I just heard Stan tell the other partner Gus that he's gonna write a letter of protest to UCLA keeping Steve Lavin. Great, that'll keep him occupied for an hour or two so I can finish this journal...
I walked into Stan�s office on Tuesday to give him some papers and he tells me, �my client broke up with his girlfriend.� And I just think, �Ok? Why is he telling me this?� Then he says, �You know, the one that looks like Rick Fox.� My ears perked up and then I remembered the source of all my Rick Fox Love. I had liked Rick as a player cause he was cute, he took way less money to come win a championship with the Lakers (most players just SAY that they don�t care about the money, all they want to do is win� and then they turn around and sign a huge ass contract with a crap team like Toronto), and his wife is awesome, but I didn't love him the way I do now. My favorite player was Kobe for the longest time - from the day he was traded to the Lakers til a few years ago. I still have major love for Kobe but now that everyone loves him, its not the same... I think him getting engaged kinda ruined it too. Like I said earlier, I have to like a player not everyone likes so Rick Fox just fell into my lap I guess. Stan had told me about this client about a year ago - he came to my desk and told me that this client coming in looked a little like Rick Fox, so I said ok I'll check him out. Stan was in the conference room with this client and he saw me walk by casually to steal a glance and he starts smiling... from then on, he assumed Rick was my favorite player and every time he heard news about Rick Fox, he'd tell me. We were in the conference room for a birthday celebration last year during the playoffs and he was flipping through the Sports Illustrated. He found a picture layout of the Lakers on the road and he was like, "Hey Lucy - Look, there's Rick, your favorite player!"
Anyway, back to this client - I just met him about an hour ago when I was helping him before Stan came back. This guy is nice, articulate, tall enough and really cute. He has a little bit of an accent and I usually hate accents but this was a sexy accent. I haven't stopped smiling all afternoon. UCLA won and the guy was awesome.
post more later...
No comments:
Post a Comment