working on a saturday... :(
I've learned so many tips about the working world from Eileen that I forget some of them... Stan came in here asking Eileen about the tax return for a client and before he could go on, she asked him about his loaner car from Lexus and we talked about that for 10 minutes. Then he brought up the tax return again and left to go interview someone to take over the assistant's job (his last day is Monday). I didn't think anything of the exchange until he left and Eileen told me "it didn't work" and I remember what her strategy was - change the subject so he'd forget why he came in here. It usually works! :)
I've been working my butt off lately. Eileen counted that there are 26 work days for us this month (Saturdays included, but I get OT). AND for these first two weeks, I go to JP's office after work here and work for 3-4 hours. Oh well, the extra income helps... and its not like I have a life anyways.
Eileen just came back to our little office and told me that the girl Stan is interviewing right now is a big time FOB so I need to go look... the one yesterday we could already tell would be annoying because of her laugh. Why can't they hire any cute guys dammit? As soon as the assistant leaves, it'll be all female here except for the partners and they're all old fogies.
No comments:
Post a Comment