Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Damn Raiders... found a way to get their asses beat bad on Monday Night Football.

Yahoo! News - Poll: Dean Trailing Bush by Wide Margin - will this turn into a repeat of 1996, when the media was successful in having us believe Bob Dole had a chance even though the polls said differently?

There's a lot of things I regret not doing in my life but one of the major ones is this journalism program at the Republican National Convention in San Diego in 1996. I got the brochure my senior year in high school and it was a good way to spend the summer break before college. I had the summer free and money wasn't a problem so the only thing that stopped me was sheer laziness. I'm so bad with follow-up. How different would my life have been if I had done this? I might have still ended up as a boring ass accountant ("business manager" sounds better) but at least I coulda said I did something most of the public don't get a chance to do (attend one of those conventions). Back in high school, I wanted to do something journalism related for my career but life doesn't turn out the way you plan it. If it did, according to my college plans, I'd be working at a Big 5 (4 now) accounting firm, working my ass off, married to a guy who wears business suits to work everyday, living in a modest house with a nice front yard with our 3 kids.

I watched Only You this weekend (Marisa Tomei, Robert Downey Jr.) and everytime I saw the Italian guy Bonnie Hunt's character hooked up with in Italy, I kept yelling - "NO!! HE'S EVIL!! He tried to shoot Kiefer!" (He's the bad guy this season on 24).

I am now the proud owner of a From Justin to Kelly DVD (thank you Steve!)... so that means, 3 people in the world own that DVD now. It's not a bad movie, just really really cheesy.

No comments: