I think I'll eventually move from LA... Check out this house in North Carolina (here's the virtual tour). It looks amazing and it is a third of the price my parents paid for their new house. Real estate is so expensive in Southern California!
You know how sometimes you just question the life you lead and you wonder what life would be like somewhere else? I love LA but what would it be like to live in a small town where everyone knows everyone? I guess I'm thinking of situations like Sweet Home Alabama or Hope Floats. Maybe its that Simple Life shit. I've dealt with traffic all my life, even in OC - what would it be like in some other state?
If my parents hadn't moved to California from New York, I'd be a completely different person than I am now. What if we had stayed in Louisiana?? Or even Brazil or Taiwan? My life would be so different. People are so much more intense on the East Coast. They're more passionate about stuff than people in LA (in general).
I wanted a job like my friend Sebastian had for Andersen Consulting (I think they changed their name to Accenture or something like that now) - they'd send him to different cities to work for a short amount of time and the company pays your rent, etc. You get to experience so many lifestyles and when you're finally ready to settle down, you know where you want to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment