I don't understand why the assistant comes with a soundtrack. She's just filing and I have to listen to her sighs, grunts, deep breaths, etc. Oh, and I need to hang around more people who speak proper English. I'm starting to talk FOBBY now! The other girl I have lunch with sometimes graduated from UCLA but she didn't grow up speaking English so her intonation is all off and I'm trying so hard not to do that. Anyway, the assistant continues to bug me because of her incompetence. Last week she did a chart for Eileen detailing a client's maid's personal charges on the client's credit card. She labeled the spreadsheet "Visa Charger Make by Myra" and gave it to Eileen to give to the client. What the hell?? We can't give the client something like that!! I won't even send out a cover letter with one little spelling error or some irregular spacing no one would care about. So unprofessional. She wrote this memo last week telling us she's not gonna be here this and that time the next day and she added, "if anything need me done by Friday, please tell me." This is supposedly a college grad too!! Cal State LA... sigh...
I saw another commercial for "The O.C." - since when did OC deserve a "The" in front of it?? "The" is reserved for shit like "The Rock" or "The Hulk". I admit, I did watch the show when it came on the first time. It was on and there was absolutely nothing else on TV. I swear, thats the only reason I watched it! The main character seems like a poor man's version of Russell Crowe. It doesn't look like the show is gonna last that long. It doesn't stand out - looks like another 90210 wannabe, like Malibu Shores and some other shows that came out after it.
So I bet Kobe is happy Arnold decided to run. The news media started focusing on the recall instead of Kobe's case. The recall is a huge thing but the media wouldn't care shit about the recall if Arnold hadn't run. We forget the news is entertainment also - they need their viewers. Poor Laci Peterson - she had the attention of the news media until the war started. Now you hardly hear anything about her case. I learned about stuff like this in either a communications or poli sci class. The media tells you what to think, what's important and what's not. Korea looks like a dangerous situation but the news media doesn't care enough about covering it so we don't think its that big of a deal. We've had a standoff for like nine months but Korea gets no media coverage.
We just had a pizza lunch at the office. When the big boss is gone, the other partner throws a pizza party for us, on the company. The other partner is such a sweet guy and I'm sure he's a wonderful father. He was telling us that he took his kids somewhere this weekend and he got a terrible sunburn all over his chest. His daughter goes up to him and hits him where the sunburn is... instead of being adult about it, he hits her right back on her sunburn!! Makes her cry and run to mommy. Heehee, awesome guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment