Oh my god. Serenity now, insanity later. So freakin true. Started yesterday. I've reached the breaking point and I pissed off at everyone, everything. Was pissed at Dante yesterday but what else is new? I've been so patient with him, put up with his shit but I reached the breaking point with him yesterday morning. I was yelling at him and after he left, my roommate came out of her room, "Oh my gosh, I've never seen you that mad!" I called the phone company to change the phone number to my apartment cause I was sick of girls calling there for him (for those of you who didn't get the email with the new number, let me know). I was ready to change the locks too but I wanted to make sure it was what I really wanted because I didn't want to change the locks and end up giving him the key again. I also wrote this letter to him just for my sanity. If I wanted to break up with him, that would be the letter I'd give him. I must've cursed every other sentence in that letter. It started with, "It's over. I don't want to talk to you or see you ever again." and I go on telling him about how he's a nobody and he'll always be a nobody with his attitude and work ethic and having people like him in my life only brings ME down. I didn't give it to him though because when I went back to the apartment for lunch, we just talked and we didn't make up but we're at least civil. I'm waiting until I'm ready to get him out of my life fully before I give him some letter like that.
Then I was back at work and Stan was majorly majorly pissing me off. He wanted me to come in last weekend to work and I DID but it wasn't on Saturday like he wanted. Some people have freaking lives dammit and I see his face enough during the week already. I came in Sunday morning did my filing, etc. and I thought I got the job done but I didn't know he wanted me to sort through all the other junk in the office Eileen and I share. The guy who had the job before me made about 10 freakin copies of everything and I know all this junk is extra copies of shit that has been filed already. He told me yesterday he wanted me to come in this Saturday for 5-6 hours and finish the filing. There's NOT 5-6 hours worth of filing here!!! When he told me he wanted me to come in on Saturday he was saying, we gave you the raise because we like you and we want you to stay but we need to get the filing sorted out. I was just thinking, those 2 other companies who wanted to hire me were offering me $6,000 more a year than I'm getting here and I don't have to deal with bullshit panicking over every little thing. I just stayed cause I feel sorry for the guy. I'll probably just stay another year or so anyway. I can't quit right before tax season either cause they'll freak and if they freak already for every little thing, that'll be a major freak session. Mona never panicked, even when she had a defense reply to whatever motion due at 4pm in the courthouse and it was already 3pm and she hadn't started yet.
Today he has me looking for files I've never seen before just because I need to know what these two people did on our client's tour in 2001. I have a list of about 20 people, I found the information on 18 from other sources and he kept insisting I find this one file. After two hours, I find the file and it tells me nothing I don't already know. Oh, the employee's name is listed - what the hell does that do for me, I already know the name! Then when we were looking for that tour file, he finds this other file for a retirement plan tax return from last year. We need to do one for this year but no hurry... and he wants me to find those files too. So I was digging around for the past hour looking for those files. I understand those are my clients and I should know where the files are but am I responsible for people taking files from me or not putting them in the right place afterwards? I can't check everyone's work! Most of the files we're missing are sitting on the floor in Stan's office anyway. And if he hired some competent assistants for us, we wouldn't have this damn problem! I didn't even think of asking the assistant where these investment files were (she's the one who does the filing for the investment statements) because she wouldn't know! I ask her to do the simplest shit and I spend so much time explaining stuff to her I might as well have done it myself. Ugh!! It's just one of those weeks.
I did a buttload of laundry last night. Missed the Teen Choice Awards, Big Brother and Making the Band II. This is why I need TiVO!! I always forget when the shows I want to watch are on, especially Sex and the City. Every Sunday night at 11:00p, I think - oh shit! I forgot about Sex and the City again! I made sure I watched The Tonight Show last night too and I already knew it would be a good show but to have a segment with Ross the Intern (he's so flaming gay its funny) just made it so much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment