Saturday, March 06, 2004

Someone called me yesterday re: a bookkeeper position in a West LA business management firm that specializes in entertainment clients (exactly what my current company is)... I'm already at a business manager position in this firm though cause I handle the accounts of several clients. I'm assuming the bookkeeping position means less responsibility than I have here because everything the recruiter asked me about, I already do that and more. I don't even remember applying to that job (cause I lied, I didn't send out resumes Thursday night, like I said I would). Anyway, I was pissed off all day yesterday because the recruiter told me the job paid $8k/yr more than I get here. If I made $8k more a year, I could get my own apartment, get my car fixed, save more $$$...

I didn't set an interview for that job because I need to be at a CPA firm so I can get CPA credit and that company only did business management. I was on hotjobs.com today and everything I was qualified for was paying at least $8-18k more than I get here, so I sent my resume. Recruiters are the way to go though, for accounting jobs - they'll find you some awesome jobs because they get paid a lot by the firms if they hire you. Recruiters do the job for you, you just need to let them know you're interested.

No comments: