Thursday's Oprah made me cry!! In the four months I've had Tivo, Oprah has made me cry more times than Dante has and that says a lot!! :)
The show was about a black guy having consensual sex with a white girl but she cried rape. Oprah interviewed her and she was so unconvincing it was sad. She kept looking off to the side (like a liar would) and she was really defensive when Oprah asked her questions. She looked like she was trying to make herself cry and she dabbed her eyes with tissues but I didn't see any tears. Supposedly she was an honor student too but she talks/tells her story like a 10 year old. She said she had no idea he existed before the incident but how can you not know someone (or know of someone) you have a freakin class with?? Honor classes aren't that big either. Anyway, the jury acquitted him in 20 minutes but there was this charge involving child molestation (she was 3 months from being 16 and he was 18)... the jury found him guilty of that (she had injuries and she was a 'minor') but they thought it was a minor charge and that he'd go home that day. They didn't know the charge carries a 10 year mandatory sentence with no possibility of parole. Can you believe that shit?? He got 10 years even though he was acquitted of rape. He might have gotten less time had he been found guilty of rape!! So there went a promising future... he had really good grades and he had a full football scholarship to Vanderbilt University but he's been in jail a year with the possibility of nine more if the Georgia Supreme Court doesn't overturn the charges. I hope Oprah does a follow-up on this when they come up with a decision. Damn you Oprah, for making me CARE!! :)
I've been so hooked on the Apprentice lately... since they switched teams and made the game more fair. I was on the website reading about the people and they made me feel depressed because they've done so much with their lives and where am I?? Most of those people own business or work for huge companies. I can't stand Katrina but she is only 24 and she's one of the top 3% real estate agents in the country! Troy has no college education and he owns 7 properties... I love Troy and Amy. I'd be happy if either of them win.
No comments:
Post a Comment