I was just telling Eileen about Rick Fox being the MAN in yesterday's Laker game (he made a 3 to tie the game with 11 seconds left) and she asks me, so how many points did Rick Fox score yesterday... "um... 3."
I went to the gym on Saturday night and I'm so happy - my little belly is gone!! I was starting to gain so much weight but I'm lucky because I can go to the gym once and see an improvement. (It's not just my imagination either!) I might just go again this week! :) I figure 4 or 5 more times at the gym and I'll have a six pack.
One of my clients won a Grammy last night! It was one of the smaller categories and I was so bored by the broadcast I didn't watch all of it (switched to Sex and the City) so I don't know if they announced the award on the broadcast. I even missed one of Justin Timberlake's awards and his performance. Those 10 minute commercial breaks were bugging the hell out of me and the audio during Alicia Keyes' tribute to Luther Vandross was crap! I thought it was my TV but all my other channels worked fine. Stupid CBS. Anyway, that same client and his wife are also up for an Oscar so we'll keep our fingers crossed.
Sex and the City and Friends are depressing the hell out of me right now. "It's like the end of an era!" I've been watching these shows for so long! The subject of these shows are depressing too. These people have reached a point in their lives when they move on from their friends. It just seems like its time to grow up and leave the life you're used to. Its like graduating high school or college... you move on and you say you'll keep in touch with people but its hard. People that you've seen every day for the last 4+ years are no longer going to be around and you're lucky if you see them once or twice a month.
I need to leave this job... I just found out Daniel is quitting. He was the only cool guy here (besides Eileen). That makes 13 people who have quit since I've been here. This company pays so shitty no one feels any loyalty. The last 2 people who have quit (Bhanu and Daniel) are only giving a week notice. I'm not even sure Stan will sign off on the 2 years I've been working here (even after I pass the test, I need a CPA to certify that I have 2 years work experience before I can be licensed) because he's too scaredy cat to sign anything and I don't do any work for the big boss (the one who signs our paychecks) or the other partners at all. He knows that when I do get my license, I'll leave or they'll have to pay me at least $50k a year. Might as well start looking for another job now. Get my 2 years started somewhere else I want to stay. Eileen said that she had her old company sign off on her hours to get her CPA. I wonder if Eileen or her husband can sign off on my hours. I can technically say I worked under Eileen for these 2 years.
If anyone still has Wednesday's American Idol on TiVo or tape, you gotta rewatch the part where Randy, Paula and Simon are telling the third room they're not part of the 32. There's this Asian girl who jumps up halfway (like she's gonna celebrate) right after Randy said, sorry you guys aren't gonna make it, and then she has to stop herself when she realizes they were just cut. How embarassing for her if someone catches that! :) Someone pointed that out to me and I had to go back and rewatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment