Tuesday, November 23, 2004

5 days and counting until my happiness drives out of my life... Don is leaving Saturday at 4am, maybe even sooner if he gets everything done... driving all the way to Florida with his dad. Oh well - fun while it lasted.

I was watching Laguna Beach: The Real OC tonight and one of the girls was talking about how she didn't want to get too close to her boyfriend because he was leaving in 2 months (for college) and she said, "I just don't want to get attached, you know?" I just started laughing because of all the "don't get attached" shit I've been going through lately.

Even with all the crying I'm going to be doing later this week, this month was definitely worth it. I met an amazing guy with extraordinary aspirations for the future and he has made me a better person. He wants a billion dollar empire and he is well on his way to achieving that. How many 22 year olds start a computer networking business, buy a house and give their parents money? AT 22!! He already has a huge job lined up with one of the clients from my job who has a house in Florida also. If this computer networking thing doesn't work out, he can always fall back and be a stockbroker. We were talking the other night and I realized he has the work ethic my dad does. My dad has his flaws but he has achieved so much in his life - my dad didn't even go to high school!! Don and I both grew up with the same values... you KNOW I've been hanging out with ghetto people for way too long if I think not having a kid in your mid-20s (out of wedlock) is an achievement. (no offense to anyone) It was refreshing to hear him say that he wouldn't have a kid until after he got married either.

I am definitely not going back to Dante... that boy hasn't changed! A player will always be a player - don't let them fool you. Remember a couple weeks ago when I said he broke up with his other girlfriends, yada yada yada... um... you break their hearts by telling them you don't want to be with them and you want to be with this other person but they still e-mail you like nothing ever happened? (He left his e-mail up when he used my computer tonight) Yeah, because nothing happened. I had a couple people at work tell me - "he didn't do it in front of you right? How do you know he really did?" Damn, I love the people at work! They make sure I don't forgive Dante!

I got a great opportunity to compare the two this weekend... I went over to Don's apartment Saturday night, hung out with his roommates and co-workers... that night, Don got up 4 times to go throw up (because he had a huge hangover from his friend's engagement party) - he did his best to not wake me up and even though there's an ironing board in the middle of the room, he doesn't turn the light on because its hard to go back to sleep after turning a light on. He's so considerate! Sunday night, Dante comes home at 2:30 am (from hanging out with a girl I bet)... I was fast asleep but he turns on my light, gets on my computer, moves around a lot in my chair (which squeaks like there's no tomorrow) and starts printing out job listings from the internet... that couldn't wait til the morning, you ass?? You've been unemployed 2 months, whats another couple hours?? The printer is freakin loud so I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Did he care?? NOOOOOOOOO.

I have a potential replacement lined up for Don, just in case I ever feel like I want to get back into a relationship with Dante... this guy is supposed to be really sweet and everything too. My friend had a fashion show last weekend and he was one of the models... black, tall and amazingly cute. My friend said he's single, just moved to LA a couple months ago (so he won't be moving to Florida anytime soon) and she met him at a supermarket because he thought she was someone he knew and she thought he was someone she knew but they didn't know each other :). Her husband doesn't like her being friends with the guy so she has been trying to set him up with people just to get her husband off her back. How does she meet guys like that at Ralphs and I just meet Ralphs workers??

Other than that, my life is finally complete... the OC is back and the Amazing Race is on...

No comments: