Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I am going to be crying so much the end of this month... it was stupid of me to go into a relationship when I know I only have a month with the guy before he moves out of the state but it was completely worth it. This past week has been amazing and it has completely changed my attitude towards Dante. This was the final push I needed to get over him and now he's on the other end - begging me to spend time with me, calling me just to chat (and getting the voice mail when he calls), telling me he loves me and he misses me, etc... and I'm the one who really doesn't care anymore. Dante is just an annoyance, just like I was to him for 3 years... I don't get excited anymore when he calls. In fact, the other day I was in the car with Maria and we were having fun because we had just made plans with Don on the phone and we were on our way to meet him... Dante calls, wants to chat, I don't feel like it and he could sense it. Before he hung up, he said I love you and I just couldn't say it back to him. He got upset, said, I'll never say I love you to you again and I just said, "Bye" and hung up the phone. What goes around comes around... he had been doing that to me for 3 years and now he wants to change? Too little too late buddy! I was just crying myself to sleep the day before I started dating Don... Dante had spent the night that night and was in bed with me but he was talking on the phone for 2 freakin hours to an ex trying to get her back. I even went into the living room for an hour to talk on the phone with Nozomi because I was so upset / pissed off / sad. Now I'm supposed to forget all that? HA!

Don is an complete change from Dante - I know it's early but its just the little things - the way a person grew up, the way they treat people, the values they have and the determination they have to succeed. Don wants to build his billion dollar empire and I completely believe he can. He's 22 now but he has a lot of investments (I'm 26 and what are investments?) (I know what you're thinking right now but we're only 3 1/2 years apart, if that makes it better). He's moving to Florida because his parents are retired down there, he's going to buy a house and start his own computer networking company. He also has a Series 3 (stockbrokers?) license and he coulda made a lot of money in that but he hated the cold calls and the whole environment so he went back to computers 2 months later. Don is sooooo nice to people - everyone here loves him and Maria loved him when she had dinner with us last Saturday. Don also told me, "I'm great with parents too." DON'T tell me that when I know we only have a month! He got mad at me when I was telling Maria about one of the partners here at work everyone makes fun of (he got a new Porsche Carrera and new teeth recently - yea I said TEETH (caps) - and everyone makes fun of the way he talks now... plus he's a dwarf (upper body is normal sized, legs just really really short). The partner is a really nice guy but it's just so easy to make fun of him... anyway, Don got mad at me because he feels sorry for the guy. There's also another girl here most people don't like but I can't say anything to Don because he thinks she's the nicest person (he says she's the girl who works in a group project and does all the work and lets everyone have all the credit but we don't like her because she is anal and the girl who works with her is always complaining because she never has anything to do)... He gives me shit for being one of those people who cut in on the Cloverfield exit so I don't do it anymore (the right-most lane of the freeway is always packed in the morning and it turns into two lanes at the exit but everyone sticks to the right most lane of the exit so if you're in the next lane on the freeway, you can cut in at the exit and still make your right turn, if that makes any sense at all)... Whats wrong with this guy, turning me into a nice person again? Whats up with that??

This weekend was so fun... A partner offered us tickets to the UCLA - Washington game and I was the first to jump on that so I got to go... he had 4 tix, 45 yard line with Lot F (SO CLOSE) parking included. Maria wanted to go and I hadn't seen her in a while so we went with her supervisor (brownie points for her, DirecTV connections for my company :))... Game sucked - too many turnovers and we missed a 2 point conversion at the end of the game so we lost by 2. After the game Maria and I made plans to meet up with Don at a restaurant... she loved him... she hated Dante from the day she met him almost 4 years ago and I should have listened to her. Anyway, after dinner Don and I walked back to his apartment and there were flowers there waiting for me. I spent the night with him and his friends (one of his roommates comes by our company also doing computer stuff) just watching movies and having fun. The next morning he cooks me breakfast - he cooks! After breakfast I fall asleep and he sees me sleeping so he just cuddles with me and I didn't realize we took a 2 hour nap until his dad called him. His parents are so excited to have him move to Florida. It was just a nice fun relaxing weekend - one that I haven't had in a long time...

TOO BAD HE'S LEAVING!! :( And neither of us want a long distance relationship and I'm not going to leave my job (after 4 years of working I've finally found a job I want to stay 10+ years at) so at the end of the month, thats that.

No comments: