McDonald's chicken nuggets are cheap again (according to a radio commercial on STAR)!! Well, only on Tuesdays and they're $1 not 89 cents like they were when we were in college. People used to get excited on Tuesdays... we'd make plans to head down to that crappy drive-thru McDonalds with all the homeless people on Wilshire and whatever that street was (halfway from UCLA to that Fresh Fare Ralphs on Wilshire/Bundy). I haven't had chicken nuggets in a while either cause I think $1.99 is too much to pay for 6 pieces. I'm still mad that the 99 cent fish filet Fridays ended a couple months ago and I didn't take advantage of that offer more.
Eileen told me something this week that kinda pissed me off a little... one of our client's maids is buying a house. A MAID dammit... she's only a couple years older than me and she can barely speak English and she's on her way to home ownership. I think I'm mad at myself for not being in a position to be able to do that. I'm a college graduate working an office job, bossing around a person who is 10 years older than me, taking on full responsibility for a couple client's accounts... but i'm making way less than that maid makes!! And this is a girl who can't afford to repay her boss $25 off her $1000 weekly paycheck every week... Our client gives her employees a credit card to charge household expenses on and this girl will charge some personal stuff on the card so we set up this system where we deduct a loan repayment on her paycheck every week. Every other week she would call us up and ask if we can not take that $25 off, she'll send us a check for that $25 later on in the month. How does she think she's going to afford mortgage every month??
Its just like with Dante... you can barely keep a job, you're always an hour or two late to the security guard job you have right now, how do you think you can afford to pay $900 rent for your own place and a $350 car note... this doesn't include money to live on, utilities, car insurance, etc. Also, at the end of the year, what do you have to show for all the working you did?? A car and the knowledge that you had a place of your own for those 12 months (even though someone was willing to let you move in and give you all the freedom you want and you wouldn't be paying rent, utilities, food, etc.) No savings, nothing... and you still owe California courts a lot of money for all the damn tickets you've gotten in the past 3-4 years. I've been getting mad at him a lot lately because he seems content to just do security guard work (no offense to any security guards out there)... he has no motivation to make his life better. Maybe I'm mad at myself too, for having fallen in love with such a loser.
I'm going up to Santa Barbara again this weekend... hmmm, maybe I'll meet someone :) In the meantime, I'll just play MASH - I've done it 3 times, with different numbers and different positioning of names and in all 3, they told me that I'd marry Justin Guarini (stop rolling your eyes!!) and be a business manager in New York and have a white car... everything else fluctuates (#kids, locations, cars, and housing structure).
Ok, and since everyone and their mommas are doing this - sign up as my friend on Friendster.com. You can see who your friends are friends with and what degrees of separation you have from some people - like a network of friends thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment