Monday, June 30, 2003

Just got back from the gym 15 minutes ago, except I have no evidence to show I was there (except my bulging muscles of course!). I didn't have my membership card so I was gonna use my drivers license but the guy just waved me through. More proof I actually did go to the 24 Hour Fitness in Santa Monica - every weight machine I was on has the stick set at like 100 pounds or so. I know Eileen does this too - after we get off a machine, we put the stick down a couple weights so people can't tell how weak we are (example - we do some exercises at 35 pounds and after we're done, we'd set the machine to like 90 pounds so the people who saw us on the machine and who get on the machine after us would say, "wow that girl is strong!") But hey, seriously, I'm not joking about my bulging muscles. I can truly see a difference everytime I go to the gym (which is not very often). My stomach is tight again, even when I'm sitting down, I totally have arm muscles and my thighs look thinner!

The Trading Spaces rerun on right now is one of my favorite episodes... Doug did an amazing kitchen (even gave them more counter space and new wood floors) and Vern did an awesome living room complete with new wood floors, some feng shui coffee table with sand, and fish in glass pots hanging from the ceiling. Vern came in at exactly $1000... some people accuse Vern of using his Trading Spaces name and connections to get cheaper prices so his rooms look better but who cares?? As long as the homeowners have a nice room, why does it matter? People at home won't be able to do it exactly the same way anyways. Thanks for the Trading Spaces book Jenny :) Paige (her full name is Mindy Paige Davis and she married Patrick Page so she's Mindy Paige Davis Page) annoys some people because she's so cheery all the time but I was reading her section of the book and I loved how she was saying politics is her "sports" - during the State of the Union address, she and her husband were on the phone analyzing it - so cute!

No comments: