This friendster.com thing is totally going overboard� Steph emailed me the link to it last week and this weekend when I was up in Santa Barbara, Amy�s friends were talking about it too. How does word spread so fast among the �cool Asian� (or wanna-be cool Asian) community? One person decides something new is cool and everyone gets on that thing for like the next week, then it dies down?? (i.e. hot or not.com, xanga � how many people actually keep up with it daily like they did in the beginning? There were some other stuff but I can�t remember right now)
Friendster brings up a whole new dilemma too � I think Steph and I make too much of it but sometimes people want to add us as friends but we don�t know them well enough to think of them as a friend and we don�t want to offend them by declining them so we approve their request to be added to our friends list and then bitch about it for the next couple days about how we don�t want them to be on our list for other people to see. This is a total Seinfeld moment� Amy�s friends and I were trying to figure out a way to decline people or delete people without them knowing but its impossible. They�re gonna know. Heehee, Steph and I went through this huge thing yesterday about how to delete someone and say it was an �accident��. didn�t work cause the guy noticed this morning and was all offended. Friends of friends should stay friends of friends� that�s how friendster works! People just want to add more people so it looks like they�re popular.
Anyway, enough. I borrowed my dad�s digital camera this weekend for my trip up to Santa Barbara and I noticed that everyone and I mean everyone has a digital camera now� well, except for Amy�s boyfriend Rob but he has a professional 35mm camera cause he�s a photographer. We were making fun of the one girl with a 35mm disposable camera. I know, I know, spoiled brats� I want to get a digital camera of my own but I�m waiting to see if the novelty will die down before I go out and spend $300 +/- for one. I learned my lesson from the Sony Clie that�s sitting on my desk at home gathering dust.
On the way back from Santa Barbara yesterday, Amy and I were talking about what it would be like if we got an apartment together with Mike� I think Mike and I would still be IMing each other all day � �What�s up?� �Nothing, what�s up with you?� �Just sitting in my room chillin�� � �Wanna get boba tea?� �Ok, meet you 3 feet away in 30 seconds� This would be like when I was living at home and my brother and I would IM each other from our rooms � we�re across the hall from each other and we can see each other when we�re sitting at our desks/computers. My mom was walking by this one time and I think we were talking to each other loud across the hall� my mom started yelling at us for yelling at each other so we got onto IM and IMed each other something like, �What�s her problem??�
No comments:
Post a Comment