I had a total Office Space moment yesterday - "Umm, I'm going to need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow..." He might have even had a coffee cup in his hand, I don't remember.
So here I am at this crappy office on Saturday. I don't mind though because I need the overtime.
Oh - by the way, dumb assistant left a week ago because she said she had a long commute and she wasn't learning anything here... boohooo. If she had an IQ above 10, we coulda taught her something. Eileen was the one giving her all the work. I do everything myself because I need things done perfect. If I do assign her anything, she'd give me the work with a ton of spelling errors and a messy layout. The assistant's job is basically deposits (the thing she fucks up the least on), disbursements (paying the bills - sometimes she can't distinguish between business and personal expenses and she pays them from the wrong account), bank reconciliations (oh my god, let me tell you how many times she messes these things up!! she's messed up the software for a couple clients), some financial statements (I redo them because of all the spelling errors and messy layouts) and filing (she can't even do this right). Add this to the fact she was always sick or late. Stan always took up for her though - she's sick, she's got some stomach problems (we think its all in her head) - and he gets on our case for little shit (being 10 minutes late, etc). Eileen and I are glad she's gone and we don't have to deal with a liability in the office.
So I go over to the assistant's desk to see what needs to be done. She didn't do the investment statements filing for the last two months!! And she kept asking us for work to do because she "had nothing to do"!! She made no secret of the fact she hated filing, but that's what I had to do when I had her position and that's what Asher did when he had that position and you never heard either of us complaining. Duh, who the hell LIKES filing?? It's part of the job when you don't have experience. There were so many times she came to me and she told me she couldn't find a file, and I look where she was looking and I pull up the file instantly. She doesn't file chronologically either and sometimes she'd just stick the papers for a whole bunch of clients into one file.
My knees are still bruised from 3 weeks ago when I tripped and fell (stupid shoes!! the price of fashion) so everytime I kneel down to get to a low filing drawer, I'm in pain. Oh well. I need to get new shoes though. I've almost fell a couple times since then.
4 more hours of 24 to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment