Monday, October 13, 2003

I took last Friday off work to do some errands and I can't tell you how happy I was to finally have an extra day off. I got so much done on Saturday. Did my laundry, cleaned my walk-in closet out (who needs a million and one Target bags sitting in the closet just in case I need a trash bag?) and hung up all my clean clothes in the closet. My closet hasn't been that clean since the day I moved in! I set up the laundry sorter bags so now I can just sort clothes everyday instead of trying to do 2 weeks worth of clothes for 2 people right before I go to the laundromat. I was so happy about the clean closet I spent part of the weekend sitting at my desk with the closet light on and the door open so I can admire my handiwork.

So someone broke out of jail at a maximum security prison in Pennsylvania. I thought stuff like this only happened in movies! Hollywood has desensitized us to everything. When my brother was in the accident and the car flipped over, he and his friend ran from the car cause they thought it would explode (like it ALWAYS happens in the movies). Breaking out of prison is a goal in most movies and in 99% of the movies, the inmate is successful doing so. We even root for them to do so!

Steph and I were talking about something else that always happens in TV/movies/commercials - meeting guys at the grocery store. Of course, most of the time the guys aren't losers but "Hollywood is make-believe". Last week I went to Ralphs and Albertsons on consecutive nights and both days I had changed out of my work attire into American Eagle jeans (I tell ya, these are "magical jeans"!! the super low rise flare AE Downtown Hipster jeans... everytime I wear these, guys are always staring :)) I went to Ralphs by myself and this guy who worked there was stocking but also following me around and finally I just stopped shopping and talked to him. Thank god they'd get in trouble if they ask for your number or give you their number when they're on the job! He said he's a dancer and he's supposedly in this show thats gonna be on HBO soon. The next night I went to Albertsons with Dante and even though this guy knew I was with Dante, he was smiling at me and trying to talk to me when Dante turned his back. He was cute though, if I wasn't with Dante that night, I would've talked to him. Forget the clubs I guess, the supermarkets are where its at! :)

Even with all the details released about Kobe and the "incident", I still think he's gonna walk. We've only heard her side of the story and now they're saying that there were 2 men's sperm found on her underwear. What is up with that?? Kobe's attorneys are the best there is in Colorado (hiring Johnnie Cochran wouldn't have looked good in that small town in Colorado) and they know what they're doing. Good defense attorneys are worth every penny they're being paid. Aside from the obvious OJ case, the attorneys I worked for before got John DeLorean off drug charges based on government conspiracy! Anyway, the prosecution's case couldn't have been all that solid if the DA waited two weeks to file charges and had to call people all over the country to get their advice. He is in WAY over his head.

Eileen and I were just talking about how there are no other major newspapers in LA but the LA Times. No surprise, but I hate the LA Times. They not only define the "liberal bias" in newsreporting (the Arnold thing was just the most recent case) but they've been the cause of so many UCLA sports scandals in recent memory. They were the ones that came out with the Baron Davis SUV story (nothing ever became of it except a lot of bad press I think... might have led to Jim Harrick's firing), they "broke" the UCLA football players - handicapped permits scandal, and they ruined DeShaun Foster's senior season. My client was the one who "lent" DeShaun the Expedition... he's not an agent!! He's just an actor/director. Anyway, if I didn't love ads and coupons so much I would've cancelled my LA Times (Sunday) subscription also.

No comments: