Friday, April 25, 2003

Oh my god. I can't deal with this assistant any longer! First of all, I can't believe I'm giving orders to someone who is 10 years older than me. Secondly, I can't believe someone who is 10 years older than me is as dumb as she is. She's been here three full weeks now, she's still spelling clients' names wrong, she can't connect the client to the clients' corporations (almost everyone in the entertainment industry incorporates themselves (the so-called "production companies") so they can get income from the studios without tax withholding - the studio pays the corporation (could range from $200,000 payments to 20 cent residuals), we take business expenses out of the corporate books and every so often, we pay them a huge salary - thats when the tax withholding comes in) and today, she came in here at 9:20 am and asked me if we had any deposits for today yet... it's freakin 9 am - we've barely been here a couple minutes (although I've been here since 7:00 am but thats a different story), messengers don't come this early and the mail doesn't get here until noon - how would I get any checks for deposit? It doesn't sound like a big deal now but I'm just getting frustrated at all the questions!! My old boss Mona used to love it that I'd ask questions to make sure I was doing things right so I tried to take that philosophy with this girl but she keeps asking the same things over and over and she'd ask me about every little thing. You need to think for yourself sometimes. Earlier this week, Eileen and I were trying to have one of our X-rated conversations (gossip) and the girl buzzed me 5 times in a span of 2 minutes to ask how to do this one deposit. Eileen was getting frustrated but I couldn't just take my phone off the hook because then she'd come into our office and thats more annoying.

So glad I'm leaving this job soon. They don't pay me enough to deal with any of this shit.

No comments: