Oh my god... I seriously want to rip my head off and kick it into the ocean or something. On top of all the shit going on in my personal life and me trying to get over not living with Dante anymore, I have to deal with a stupid stupid and believe me when I say stupid assistant, tax season is down to the wire, the time change is still throwing me off, I'm broke until payday (when I get a huge ass check because of all the overtime I worked), and now I have immigration issues to deal with... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I cannot deal with this new girl anymore. My work piled up from the last assistant because I was sick of correcting things he did and he's not half as bad as this girl. I have tried to be mega-patient because my old boss Mona used to tell me she liked that I ask questions instead of do things wrong but I don't think Mona can stand this many questions. She has been here 2 weeks now and she's still asking the same questions. I've mostly been giving her filing to do to get her out of our way but she comes in every 2 minutes asking where the client's files are even though she filed something in there 2 days ago. Every deposit she does, she comes in asking what the "account" section and the "memo" section should say (when we enter it in Quickbooks) for that particular check, even if she's already done a similar check the last deposit day. I wish Stan hired someone who knew a little about entertainment and what shows are on TV. I guess I take it for granted I know the clients well and I know what each client specializes in - acting, directing or writing. The checks that come in would either be income or residuals for the particular specialization and 99% of the time it'll say on the check what its for and if it doesn't say, SAG will send us a list a month or so later and for now we'd just write SAG in the memo section. In the memo section, we'd put the name of the project (also written on the check) just for our knowledge. We get weekly checks for a lot of our clients - same production company, same amount, same project... and she's still asking what to write under account/memo - it says "Royalties" and "Dawson's Creek" (capitalized and bolded) on the check stub!! She doesn't even have to enter everything every time - I saved the weekly checks as "memorized transactions" and all she has to do is pull up the memorized transaction and change the date! And thats just deposits... On the checks, she spells things wrong and it looks totally unprofessional, she doesn't put the account number on the memo section of the check... aaargh!! It's like she's never written a check or paid a bill before in her life. She came in here with the credit card statement that she's coding (categorizing expenses) and she asks what's that?... geez, it says "PAYMENT" on the thing, what do you think that means?? dammit.
No comments:
Post a Comment