Thursday, July 17, 2003

A couple years ago, Andy was supposed to introduce me to his friend Stacy (a guy) who looks like Gary Payton... never happened but that's ok - I don't know if I could date a guy who has a girls name :).

I've been feeling BLAH this week. I don't know why. This week has just sucked and I can't pinpoint anything exactly. I spent a lot of time with Dante this week (more than I usually do), I have money in my pockets, I have my car back, the weather is fine... I just don't know what it is and I don't know what it would take to get me happy again. I even went to American Eagle Outfitters and didn't buy anything!! What is wrong with me??

At least I have my car back now. I made these mix CDs a week ago and I've barely been able to listen to one CD - when your commute is 1.8 miles (according to yahoo maps) and it takes you 5 minutes to get to work, you only get to hear one song per trip. Anyway, one of my CDs is a sure cheer-me-up. I made 2 80s CDs - one with good songs from the decade, the other with New Kids on the Block (Step by Step, Hanging Tough), Wham! (Wake Me Up Before You Go Go), Frankie Goes to Hollywood (Relax), J. Geils Band (Love Stinks)... no matter how mad you are, who wouldn't start laughing when they hear...

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance.
[Rap:] Just get on the floor and do the New Kids' dance.
Don't worry 'bout nothing 'cause it won't take long.
[Rap:] We're gonna put you in a trance with a funky song, 'cause you gotta be
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
[Rap:] We're rough.


... sung by 5 white boys with funny hair and funny outfits. Thinking about that just cheered me up a bit right now. Puts me in the mood to watch The Wedding Singer tonight.

One of the girls here quit a couple weeks ago and last Friday was her last day. She was driving to West LA all the way from Temple City everyday. I don't know how she did it and why she did it for so long - I found out how much they were paying her here and DAMN, I'm surprised she stayed that long. I heard she got a government job closer to where she lived that paid almost twice what she was getting here. I thought they were paying her way more than they really were. She has an MBA and she was working for that cheap?? It took her an hour and a half each way in traffic everyday and she still did it. I complain about the three lights and six stop signs I have on my way to work! :) I don't know why people would commute anymore, especially in LA traffic. It just makes the workday that much longer. We work 9-6 but if you have a commute, its like you're working 7:30a to 7:30p everyday, if you're lucky and there aren't any accidents. My workday is 8:55a to 6:05p and I love it. I miss out on morning radio talk shows though. They're usually playing commercials or music (the one random song they play every morning) during that time. Oh well, I'll deal.

I have such a crush on Tony Blair and I don't know why!! Guess I'm just power hungry these days.

No comments: