I talked about making a decision last week and sticking to it. Its hard to stick to something when you're getting good offers! Well, I haven't gotten those offers yet but I've gotten the opportunity to get those offers. I sent out a couple resumes the first week of July and after my bosses told me they were giving me a raise, I just stopped all job search activities. Then I was hearing back from the jobs that I did apply to. On Friday, a company called me to interview me - its another business management company with entertainment industry clientele (exactly like the one I'm with right now except bigger company, more and better clients) in Santa Monica by the beach. They liked my resume and they liked the fact that I was already doing what they do. I remember applying to the job too - they offer around $10,000 more than I make at my current company, even after my big raise. I'm going to go to this interview just to see what happens. I have to reschedule though because my check engine light in my car started blinking and I had it towed to the dealer today so I'm carless at least until the end of the day tomorrow.
Dante has been really PMSy lately and its pissing me off because he's taking it out on me. I was talking to him today and I think I've figured out why. He has been sending out hundreds of resumes the last couple months and he hasn't gotten any legit opportunities for good jobs. I sent out 7 resumes 2 weeks ago and I got 3 calls from companies that offer good salaries. Then, my company gives me a raise without me having to demand one. It pisses him off because he thinks my life has been so easy and that I haven't had to work for anything but I worked DAMN hard for my UCLA degree and who cares if my parents paid for my education? My parents worked hard to give me opportunities for a better life, just like I'd like to do for my kids if I ever have any. I'm not going to apologize for them. Also, I know that when you start a new job, you have to prove to them what a hard worker you are and show them what you can do. When he does get a good opportunity, he shows up late to work every other day, he spends a lot of time on the phone on personal calls and he emails personal shit. Companies keep track of that stuff, dumbass, especially on your probationary period! Thats why he's stuck at the low-end jobs he has right now. I offered to help him pay for his education a couple months ago but the idiot hasn't even checked to see where he wants to go and what he wants to study. He SAYS he wants to be an actor (like every other person in LA) and I have producer/director/writer clients who can possibly help him out. I've invited him with me to some client parties so he can meet these people but he flakes on me every time. My other boss Jay has told me that if someone isn't completely motivated, they won't make it in the industry, so I've stopped trying to help Dante out with his "acting". I need to get him out of my life because people like that only bring you down.
I found a new show to watch - Stripped on the STYLE Network. The show shows you how beauty products are made. I am such a product junkie (less so these last two years because I've been broke), but I'm sure Monica can vouch for me - I had a million products in the bathroom we shared in college - makeup, shampoos, body scrubs, body washes, lotions, etc. I'd use them 2 or 3 times, get sick of them and buy something new next time I went shopping. I've become way better though - there are only 3 sets of shampoo/conditioners in my bathroom right now.
Oooh! My client is on the X-Files right now! I love my current clients but I'm curious to see who that other company represents. Jay has awesome clients too. I can't make up my mind!!
No comments:
Post a Comment