Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Whoohoooooooooooooo!! Adrianne won on America's Next Top Model. I can't believe how I got so into the show. Normally, I'm a person who doesn't want to be surprised, I'll look at the spoilers (from the east coast people) to find out who won what - American Idol, Bachelor, Celebrity Mole, Making the Band II, etc... but I wanted to be surprised tonight. I had tears in my eyes when they announced she won. Yeah, I'm pathetic. What am I gonna do Tuesday nights now?? I feel like this whenever some show ends. :( depressed now.

I got tired of looking at Dante's ugly feet today so I took him down to the salon down the street. A pedicure for $10. I was too lazy to take off my old nail polish and reapply polish so I wanted a pedicure also. The butthead wants to go every week to get a pedicure now. Geez. But seriously, his feet are U-G-L-Y... I'll wait til he falls asleep to take a picture of them - you guys won't believe how ugly they are. There were these two nice girls at the salon that looked like models... one of them is in this month's Lucky magazine. I'll have to go check it out.

I was getting depressed yesterday because I sent out resumes last week (about 7 of them) and I had not heard back yet. People were trying to make me feel better last week saying how it was a holiday weekend and people didn't want to start their interviewing processes with a 3-day weekend coming up. When I didn't get any calls yesterday I was sad... But today! Someone (a headhunter) called me at lunch to set up a 15 minute meeting tomorrow morning (I don't count this as an interview though because its not the same thing) and then someone called me in the afternoon to set up an interview Thursday. Phew. I still have "IT". Last time I was looking for a job, it took me a week between the time I sent out resumes and got hired. I sent out 5 resumes and 2 people called me back. I took the first one I got though and that was a mistake. This job that I'm interviewing for on Thursday pays more than I make currently but not as much as the other jobs I've applied to. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

No comments: