Tuesday, December 10, 2002
Aaargh!! Had the most unproductive lunch imaginable today... I would've been better off going back to my apartment to watch soaps like I usually do. Instead, I drove all the way out to Pasadena (25 miles each way!) to pay a ticket for Dante so he can get an abstract and get his license back, looked for parking for 5 minutes, took 10 minutes to get inside, waited in line for 30 minutes even though there were only 3 people ahead of me when I got there... all just to have the lady tell me I couldn't pay the ticket because its Dante's ticket and he has to sign this notice for traffic school and "it's a legal document so you can go to jail if you forge the signature" and that there was no way I could get around that - first of all, yeah right I'd forge a signature there at the window in front of a court employee - COMMON SENSE! she didn't have to tell me that - and secondly, I worked for a criminal defense attorney for 3 years off and on and she would have me sign her court pleadings all the time when she wasn't in the office... I'd just sign her name, slash, my initials... I've even signed for the prosecution (with their permission of course). I called Denise (Donald Re's secretary, she has decades of legal experience) after I left the Pasadena court just because it was bugging me so much and she told me there was a way for me to have paid that ticket and gotten the abstract if I had his permission... oh well. Then I had to deal with the usual sucky drivers on the way back and I stopped by McDonalds to get some of those $1 chicken nuggets but there were so many cars lined up at the drive-thru I just decided it wasn't worth it and came back to the office.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment