Friday, January 24, 2003

I've made it pretty obvious to Dante that I DON'T want him rooting for the Raiders until after Sunday. We were being goofy last night and he started yelling Raiders Rule! I want the Raiders to win!, etc... then he started jumping up and down on the bed (and I have a really high bed) yelling go Raiders... I think you can guess what happened next. Someone hit his head on the ceiling :). Serves him right. He also said he's not going to wear a Tampa Bay jersey in the state of California - he doesn't want to get beaten up :)

Eileen and I were just talking the other day about how our team is the only team whose fans actually have a name - Raider Nation. And we have CRAZY fans who really get into the game... this is such a change from Laker games where most people are just there to be seen and from UCLA where the students are the only people at the game who are even half-enthusiastic because ooooohh, we stand up during the game (and sit down during timeouts and halftime). We can't even fill up a bowl (football) with fans even when we're playing New Years Day on our own home field! (The Rose Bowl game in 2002... paid $100 for the ticket (yeah, ONE ticket), was surrounded by a sea of red - Wisconson fans, and we even lost the damn game).

Fire trucks are always going down Overland Avenue but we never get to see any action - finally today, this fire truck stopped on the street my office overlooks, except it stops on the other side of Overland... Eileen and I are both standing up to find out what is going on and to check out the firemen. I can't get that great of an angle so I climb up on my desk on my hands and knees (my desk faces the window - Monica knows how our office is set up). Our assistant comes into our office and starts laughing at us. He comes in and we're talking about firemen, Eileen's back is towards him and my butt is totally sticking out... heehee, Is it any wonder our boss thinks we're the freaks of the office? His office is right next to ours and hopefully he can't hear what we're chatting about sometimes.

No comments: