Friday, January 10, 2003

Random Stuff... Stan is at a doctor's appointment so we're all working really hard right now.

Dante told me he was watching Jenny Jones and this person who looked like Eileen and talked like her was making fun of this fat person... "The difference between you and me is that I have one ass and you have two!" So mean, but it was a good line. I could actually imagine Eileen saying this too.

Heehee - Dante just called me, "I'm about to take a shit and a shower and I'll be there to pick you up for lunch at 1:00."

American Music Awards Gift Bag Weighs In at 300 LBS - Wow - celebrities have it so hard... That's an awesome gift bag but what caught my eye was the NASA-Designed Tempur-Pedic Mattress... Oh my gosh - all of you have to go to a mattress store and lie on one of these! So comfy! And that Baja Fresh gift certificate... I read on some other website that it is for the celebrity and nine members of their entourage to eat free at Baja Fresh for a year. Geez.

Eileen just brought this up while we were plotting something... Why do we have street cleaning in this part of LA? When I lived in Orange County, I don't remember anything about having to move our cars cause of street cleaning. Hmmm... maybe I didn't notice because I didn't have my own car to drive until college when I lived in Westwood and even then I didn't have to worry because we had a 2 bedroom, 4 girls, 2 parking spots and I was the only one with a car. Eileen says they don't have street cleaning in the South Bay where she lives right now but on Western and 83rd where Dante used to live (in the ghetto), they have street cleaning too... "Its just another revenue ploy." I remember this story Sarah (one of the roommates) told us back in college - her friend John was parked on one side of Veteran and he got a parking ticket because it was street cleaning day. He was so pissed about it he moved his car to the other side of Veteran and he got another parking ticket the next day because that side was street cleaning that day.

I must be drunk or something cause I find the stupidest little things funny today... Eileen just called the bank on speakerphone and when it picked up with the automated voice, "Thank you for calling Union Bank..." she mumbled, "Don't mention it..."

I've just been on an MTV binge lately... the TV is on MTV 75% of the time I'm in the apartment. Dante and I were just talking about it the other day - since he moved in, he's gone from a BET man to a MTV man :) cause of me. We're addicted to so many shows on MTV - Real World: Las Vegas, Cribs, Osbournes, Making the Band II (its over now though), and now we can add another one to the list - Real World/Road Rules Battle of the Sexes premiered on Monday. We were watching it and Dante said Melissa was really pretty (I love Melissa - she's hilarious) and later on that night we watched my DVD of Real World: New Orleans - The Stuff You Never Saw (OK I admit it! I went out and bought that... I was going to lie and say it was a gift) and we saw Melissa's parents (her dad is black and her mom is Filipina). Ever since then, Dante has been talking about what would happen if the two of us had a kid (word to my friends: don't worry, it'll never happen!). He said he's better looking than Melissa's dad and I'm better looking and less Asian-y looking than Melissa's mom so our kid would be kick ass cute. I started playing along and I said, "Where is our kid going to college?" He rolls his eyes (cause we both love UCLA) and says, "I don't know... USC sounds like a good school..." Before he could finish, I was like, "Forget it then, I don't want a kid." I've become so much more melodramatic lately, even jokingly.

I was trying to show Dante a picture of Melissa from that Girls Behaving Badly website (this show on Oxygen Network) and he wouldn't get off the bed cause he was so sore from working out everyday this week. He said, "I can see it from here" even thought the picture was pretty small... Then I decided to go to Steph's friend Oliver's journal and show Dante this funny thing Oliver wrote in his journal (its that first ever entry when Oliver has a picture of him and his girlfriend and below it it says, "she's soooo cute, eh??? That's my baby...I love the way she looks at me and i love the way the sun reflects off her BLUE PAINT!!!" you're confused and you scroll down to see a picture of his car...) Dante saw the picture of a car and hopped out of bed to get a good look at it. That was a big picture of the car too, about 16 times as big as the picture of Melissa... Boys and their priorities... oh yeah, Steph - tell Oliver Dante said his car was "tight"... boys love compliments on their car, even if it comes from a stranger.

No comments: