I came into the office today expecting a totally chill day - Stan is gone and there really isn't too much to do here. Then I check my voice mail and all hell broke loose. One of our biggest clients called because she took 11 people to dinner last night (the show was picked up for another season and it was a celebratory dinner - she actually knew it would be picked up 3 weeks ago but she couldn't tell everyone because some actors weren't going to be returning) and her American Express card was denied. She also said she tried to use her Bank of America card up in San Francisco last week but that was denied for some reason. I've spent the past hour on the phone with these credit card companies trying to figure out why the cards were declined and trying to get them to raise her credit card limits - she only makes $1.5 million a year! And besides, I thought American Express didn't have limits but apparently her unofficial limit was $8000. Her BofA limit is lower than that. She has another credit card with a $50,000 limit (they usually spend about $20,000 on that card per month but we pay it off in full every month) so she's fine with her monthly spending, but still. She should have the ability to charge whatever she wants on whatever card she wants so I'm sending these credit card companies copies of her bank statements. At least that gives me something to do...
Raise your hand if you want to get into the entertainment industry too... Geez, the amount of money these people make is amazing, even with the economy the way it is. I love watching these reality shows (American Idol, The Mole, Real World, Trading Spaces, While You Were Out, etc) but I never thought of how these shows take business away from my clients. Sucks. I hope the balance remains the same because there are just enough scripted shows out there to balance out some of the crappy ideas they're passing off as reality shows these days. Some reality shows are based off good ideas though but seriously, "Are you Hot?" and they made that into a show??
No comments:
Post a Comment