Saturday, May 31, 2003

I have so much cleaning to do its unbelieveable... yet I'm still sitting on my butt doing nothing. Actually, I'm eating a slice of apple pie so I have an excuse right now. (I bought these frozen apple pies when they were 2 for $2.99 or some incredible deal like that at Ralphs 5-6 months ago and I finally baked it last week). I want to try to get some organization into this room but I don't know where to start! Plus, my current roommate is moving out today and my new roommate will be moving in tomorrow so I want to clean the entire apartment (at least mop and vacuum) so it'll be nice when she moves in. Also, Dante is moving the rest of his stuff back in sometime this weekend so I need to move things around to make space for his stuff again.

I went to IKEA today and I didn't find anything major worth buying. There was a huge sale this week starting Weds and I knew by the time I could go to IKEA, they'd run out of the stuff I wanted to get and sure enough, they were sold out of almost everything in the ad. I ended up buying a cheap clip frame so I can make a collage of pictures to hang up on the wall. I also bought some cleaning brushes but you know I'm cheap when I stand in front of the 45 CENT toilet brushes trying to decide if I want to buy it or not.

I think I've been watching Trading Spaces way too much because now I'm obsessed with 'concealing' everything - it just doesn't look nice when you have everything out in the open. I wanted to get this wide TV bench from IKEA (beechwood, on sale for $49 and it used to be $149) but they were sold out of them so I'm stuck with my TV on the cherry wood colored dresser and the VCR, DVD player and cable box on this dark blue cart thing about half the height of the dresser. While I was at IKEA, I realized Paulo had that nice double chest beech veneer dresser in his old room so I just called him and he's gonna bring it over next week... yay! free furniture and more drawers! Nothing better than that.

On the way home from IKEA, I decided to stop by Home Depot and see if they have anything for my really slow drain (bathroom sink). Dante shaves his head every other day and the little little bits of hair go down the sink and I thought that was what was clogging the drain. The guy showed me this plastic thing called Zip-It for like $1.99 but I didn't think it would work cause it looked so flimsy and thin. I decided to try it because the guy said it would at least break some of the gunk up but I also bought this professional strength liquid thing. I got home and stuck that plastic thing in there (heehee, sounds dirty) - and all this hair (oops, it was my hair) and yellow gunk came out... so gross, but the drain is perfect now. I don't think its ever been this good, even when I poured a whole bottle of Drano in there. What do guys like better anyway - girls who can do everything on their own or girls who are hopeless so the man can feel like a man? I put all the furniture in this apartment together myself. I even put Eileen's furniture together when she was still living here.

No comments: