You know there is nothing on TV when I'm watching the Democratic Party debate right now... I guess I'm just checking out the competition. No one really stands out as the favorite and to beat an incumbent like Bush, you need a guy with a lot of charisma who has something extra to offer (even with our current crappy economy). This election is gonna be like the 1996 one where we really didn't have a chance with Dole as our candidate but he was the best candidate out there at that time. Just watching this debate, you can already guess who has a chance and who doesn't, because as "open-minded" as America is/should be right now, you know things aren't going to change - it's going to be a white male... who are we kidding. I really wish Colin Powell had decided to join Bush in 2000 as the Vice Presidential candidate.
This is turning into a Bush bashing session... I got better things to do than watch this crap. I remember writing a paper for sociology back in college (this was fall quarter 2000, around the time of the 2000 election) about how people who are either Democrats or Republicans usually go along with the party lines and are trained to hate/criticize everything the other party does no matter what, but if the situations are reversed, they don't have anything to say about it. I know I'm guilty of it. This was totally evident these last couple weeks... geez, how did I know Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Barbra Streisand and almost everyone in Hollywood would be criticizing the war??... but they had nothing to say about Bosnia a couple years ago when Clinton was in office.
John Kerry is definitely gonna win the nomination. Either him, or Joe Lieberman. No one even comes close.
I am so pathetic... I rearranged my schedule on Thursday so I could watch the Bush speech. "Sorry Monica, I can't go to Target until 6:30p cause I want to be home watching the speech." I had planned on leaving work at 5:55pm on the dot because I know if Bush said the press conference was at 6, it's going to start at 6 on the dot, but Stan started talking about who knows what and I got stuck in his office. That speech was pure gold though... everything from the location, the arrival on the aircraft carrier, the speech, and Bush shaking everyone's hands after the speech. The military sure does love him.
I can't watch this debate anymore... I guess there is a reason only one network aired it and it wasn't even live. I know its sweeps month and its way to early to think about the presidential election late next year but to air the first debate at 1am? Shows how much people should care about it.
Whoo hoo! South Park is on...
No comments:
Post a Comment