The stupidness bar has been lowered some more... nothing Dante does can reach the new lows my assistant is at. Amy and I were laughing about how when Dante talks about the show Punk'd (MTV), he pronounces it Punk - Dee but I guess I can see why people do that. Anyway, the assistant comes in my office and asks if we should schedule the semi-weekly cash delivery ($1000.00) from the bank to one of our major clients for Thursday. Keep in mind, this client is in San Francisco until Friday and I've mentioned that a couple times already this week (2 days so far). Everytime we have sent cash over to her house, we have called her to make sure she was going to be at the house to receive the cash personally - that's a lot of cash! If this assistant had any common sense, she wouldn't have even asked me. Why are we going to send the cash over to her house so her maids/gardeners/nanny/etc. can get a hold of it?? They're already getting paid too much for what they do and they already charge too much personal stuff on the credit card she gave them for expenses. I guess I should be happy that she asked me instead of just doing it...
I am really worried about the work she's done. She writes checks from the clients' accounts (I like to handle my clients' bills personally cause I don't want anything screwed up), she doesn't show me or Eileen the checks before she gives them to Stan and Stan is supposed to look them over before he signs them but half the time, he'll sign anything. I had her reissue a check last week because I guess we mailed it to the client and he hadn't sent it back to us yet (for accounting fees). I thought she'd print the check and mail it to the client again but no... she gives it to Stan to sign, then Stan told her to give it to the office administrator and I don't know why she came to me to show me the check and tell me what Stan told her to do, but thank god she did. I made a comment - "aren't the clients supposed to sign those, not Stan?" and she was like, "oops!! I forgot!" I'm mad Stan doesn't check before he signs stuff. It's a good thing I'm so anal about stuff because thats the way my former boss taught me how to do things.
No comments:
Post a Comment